Senior Spotlight: Joshua Kewere ’20

Jonah Hodo '20, Staff Writer

Senior Joshua Kewere is man of numerous talents and interests. Moving here from Papua New Guinea when he was just 7 years old, Kewere is a culturally-experienced young man. Josh spends his free time making memes, creating fire remixes to popular rap songs and creating and coining phrases such as “dont careeee” and “I’m on ya head.” Kewere has a large influence on the Episcopal community, having multiple inside jokes and stories with an innumerable amount of people at school, such as his jovial relationship with Mr. Parker and numerous other students, faculty and staff members.

Q: If you could be any celebrity, who would you be and why?

A: Jason Momoa, or better known as Aquaman in the 2018 film. I would be him because he’s got “drip”, and he can’t ever drown.

Q: If you could be any animal what would you be and why?

A: A sea eagle, particularly the Steller’s sea eagle. I would love to be a sea eagle because they are both beautiful yet vicious. 

Q: What’s your favorite cartoon?

A: Phineas and Ferb.

Q: If you could have one superpower, what would it be, and why? 

A: Flight because I can’t drive yet so at least I can fly and go wherever I want. 

Q: What is your favorite meme and meme format, and why?

A: Asking me that question is like asking a sheep herder which sheep in his seemingly innumerable flock is his favorite. I don’t want to melt anyone’s brain here, so I would go with the Twitter meme format. 2004 kids only know this meme format, but I remember the days before time when we used the two lined, bold Arial format. The Twitter format allows users to captivate their target audience. My favorite meme would probably be the, “I don’t care”, meme. Great stuff.

Q: If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would purchase?

A: I would buy my own city block and erect a statue of myself that is 16 feet tall and drips honey because I am SWEEEEET.

Q: If you could go back in time and live in one time period, where would you go and why?

A: I would go back to the Viking Age of Scandanavian history because I want to travel the world with my rowdy band of marauders and see and do crazy things.

Photo courtesy of Jonah Hodo ’20.