The Talon Times

• November 7Christmas Concert is Friday, November 30

• November 7Cathedral Day (Grades 10-12) is Wednesday, November 28

• November 7Thanksgiving Holiday begins Monday, November 19 and ends Friday, November 23

Festival Of Flight

Kate Risdon' 19

Kate Risdon '19

Every year, Angels for Allison holds the annual “Festival of Flight” event. This event celebrates the lives of children who have passed and helps raise funds to help their families. Festival of Flight took place at Intuition, in downtown Jacksonville, on October 13. All of the funds raised from this event went to the Angels for Allison Foundation, which will then help more families who are coping with the loss of a child.

At the festival, there were live performances from the student band at Ronan School of Music and dance performances by Showtime USA.

Activities included face paint, crafts, photo booths, bouncy houses, Icemen hockey games and more. There was an open bar, lots of food and baked goods, too. The Angels organization was also selling merchandise and had a raffle.

This event typically helps spread awareness, bring the community together to help an incredible cause and have fun all at the same time.

Below is a video filmed and produced of the 2018 Festival of Flight. This will hopefully show you how amazing this foundation is and what they do for our community.

About the Writer
Kate Risdon '19, Staff Writer

Kate is a senior who has been a student at ESJ since 7th grade. This is her first year on The Talon Times staff, and she is loving it! Her main focuses...