Homecoming Week Festivities

Inés Eisenhour '19

What a whirlwind week! From Powderpuff to the Homecoming Dance, ESJ really went all out this year. Seniors kicked off the fun with Halloween costumes on Friday, October, 26. Honorable mention goes to Savannah Wolff ‘19 for her spot-on Wednesday Addams!

Students from sixth through twelfth grade enjoyed dressing up for Homecoming Week, favorites including Duval day and the ever-funny meme day. Yodeling Walmart boy indeed made an appearance on campus.

Student Government planned activities every day of the week, ranging from a screening of It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown to a nice BBQ lunch for the seniors in the senior courtyard.

Tensions ran high as our Upper School girls prepared for the Powderpuff tournament Thursday night. Sophomores geared up to protect their crown as seniors battled to take it in a tough championship game. The sophomores earned a solid victory. Will they defend their spot until 2020 though?

Jangro Stadium was packed Friday night, with alumni, parents and students cheering on their Eagles. After the smile-filled Homecoming Court halftime, the stadium lacked energy, most likely anticipating the devastating 49-7 final score. Despite this loss, the team has been happy with their season.

Finally, the Homecoming Dance sealed the week. Saturday night, the Buck Student Center was decorated with glittering gold streamers and flashing lights. In eager anticipation, Upper School students arrived to Homecoming, some for the first time and some for the last.

Xander Magevney ‘19, Student Government President, said that the organization “worked super hard and were happy to see good turnouts at all of the different events.”

Image courtesy of Talon Yearbook Staff.